Migrating from jQuery to React: Step-by-Step Guide
Let’s compare the features of jQuery and ReactJS and the step-by-step guide for jQuery convert to React platform, and also how reasons for migrating your web application from jQuery to ReactJS in this piece of writing.
React JS and jQuery Overview
Why Is Migrating from jQuery to ReactJS Is Getting Popularity?
Both jQuery and ReactJS libraries are very popular and powerful and extensively used for front-end web development. But in recent years, many web apps are integrating React to a jQuery project due to some of the powerful features offered by ReactJS. When to use React instead of jQuery is a very tough question, which is affected by numerous factors like the nature of apps, business objectives, budgets, existing infrastructure, and much more.
Many users are transforming their jQuery-based front-end to React JS platform in the present-day marketplace. Let’s figure out a few reasons for the popularity of the trend in which websites are converted from jQuery to ReactJS.
- Opportunities. React JS is creating great opportunities for the developers because many big names like Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, and others are using it.
- Learning curve. React JS is comparatively easy to learn for developing complex web applications. jQuery is also not so difficult to learn but the core structure of this library gets bulkier and complex as the application grows larger. Learning how to import jQuery into React is also not so difficult.
- Node Package Manager (NPM) tools. Although jQuery is older than ReactJS but NPM tools for ReactJS are much more than jQuery. The number of third-party tools for jQuery is bigger than ReactJS.
- Reusability. Code reusability and maintenance in ReactJS is much better than jQuery for complex web applications because of its modular approach to independent components.
The other features are compared in the following table:
|Features||React JS Library||jQuery Library|
|Size of Library||Large||Small|
|Data Binding||Unidirectional||Two-way Data Binding|
|Web app development||Awesome||A bit difficult|
|Code maintenance||Easy||A bit difficult|
|Suitable for||SPA/MPA||Medium size websites|
Major Prerequisites to Move from jQuery to React JS
Migration Process Outline
- Find professional consultancy services to chart out the plan
- Choose the most suitable scheme for migration such as bottom-up, from-scratch, or top-down, etc.
- Start developing small components and functions in the ReactJS environment and replace them individually
- Keep integrating the newly developed ReactJS components into the existing web application and monitor the performance
- The core code of the web application should be replaced in the last steps when the entire app functions have been migrated from jQuery to ReactJS
- Use Continuous Development and Continuous Integration (CD/CI) policy based on the latest development methodologies like the Agile.
What Do You Need for Smooth Migration?
You need high-class technical human resources and software and hardware infrastructure for a smooth and seamless migration such as:
- At least one developer should have strong knowledge of both jQuery and ReactJS libraries and their comparative features
- A comprehensive plan and step by step procedure properly documented for every activity at the designated time.
- There should be a comprehensive plan for any kinds of roll-back or reversal
Top Skills Developer Should Have for Converting from jQuery to React JS Library
Any developer for carrying out the activity of converting from jQuery to React JS web application should have the following major skills.
- Core technologies: ReactJS, jQuery, Restful API, UX/UI, DOM, XML, Containerization, React Native, Agile, CI/CD, Debugging, Testing, Web Designing, etc.
- Packages & tools: Immutable, Redux, Bit, Create React App, React CLI, Flux, NPM, React Sight, Aptana Studio, jQuery TreeView, jQuery mb.menu, FlexiGrid, and others.
This is very important to note that the conversion from jQuery to ReactJS is a task that involves the knowledge of both jQuery and ReactJS libraries. So, the lead developer should have command on both libraries.
Ukrainian Developers: Great Option for Converting jQuery to React Projects
Where is the best place to put jQuery in React more successfully? The simple answer is Ukraine; because Ukraine is one of the most tech-savvy nations in the world. Ukraine offers numerous advantages to the clients who choose it for jQuery to ReactJS migration projects. The main advantages offered by Ukraine ReactJS developers and React Redux developer include:
- A highly skilled and qualified technical pool of a large number of developers
- One of the most ideal geographical location for all regions of the world
- Offers highly competitive prices
- Smooth migration powered by professional work attitude
- The high success ratio of projects
Our company is one of the experts in searching and hiring professional and skilled developers for converting jQuery websites to React JS powered apps. We manage the entire process for our clients professionally, reliably, and fast for our valued clients.